Help Desk Technician (Tier 1)
- Handle Tier 1 help desk escalations through tickets or phone
- Clearly communicate status of escalated requests to next Tier support
- Follow up on outstanding requests and ensure timely resolution
- Create accounts and configure hardware as part of on-boarding process
- Perform IT support functions for tablets, cell phones, and printers.
- Install and replace emergency vehicle lighting and safety equipment for Ambulances.
- Installation activities involved with outfitting new or upgrading existing vehicles with public safety equipment such as lights, computer mounts, vehicle modems and two-way radios.
- Additionally, the position will be responsible to travel between sites and maintain system documentation, etc.
- Responsible to maintain internal Knowledge Bases to efficiently resolve recurring requests
- The Tier 1 role will encompass a broad range of functions including manning the help-desk phone, assisting in hardware setup/deployment and network setup.
- Participate in a night and weekend on call rotation
- Other duties may be added and/or assigned as needed
Qualifications and Skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Working knowledge of networking and client/server environment including Windows Server 2003/2008/2012, all Windows desktop operating systems, and knowledge of TCP/IP.
- Must have a valid Ohio Driver’s License, provide a copy of driver’s license, and are subject to a Moving Vehicle Report (MVR) check through the Department of Motor Vehicles annually. Any MVR grade of “unacceptable” is not permitted to operate a company vehicle on behalf of LifeCare Ambulance Inc.
- Knowledge of networking
- Knowledge of 12-volt wiring
- Demonstrated success in working as part of a team.
- Must have competent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills in order to work with a variety of people.
- Must have excellent organizational skills, strong detail orientation and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Must have ability to work under pressure and provide pro-active approach to avoiding and solving problems.
- Must be able to sit, stand, walk, squat and reach above head.
- Must be able to lift/carry up to 50 pounds unassisted.
- Ability to use hand and power tools safely and effectively, and occasionally maneuver and lift heavy equipment.
- Final applicant is required to be fingerprinted to complete background check.