Human Resources Manager
LifeCare is looking to bring on a dedicated human resource professional to fill a critical role within our employee owned company. Reporting directly to the CEO, the Manager of Human Resources (HR) is responsible for implementing and overseeing HR policies & programs and managing all aspects of employee benefits and human resource relations. The Manager of HR will manage new human resource related on-boarding, training coordination, oversight of the company’s performance review, company compliance with all laws and regulations, updating and maintaining compliance to company policies, and benefits administration.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide consultation to management on human resources best practices in helping to develop a culture that enables employees to perform in accordance with the company’s mission and policies.
- Effectively plan, design, develop, train and evaluate human resource-related initiatives that support organizational goals.
- Recommend employee relations practices necessary to establish a positive employer-employee relationship and promote a high level of employee morale and motivation
- Counsel management on employment issues
- Recommend compensation, promotion and performance bonus decisions based on annual corporate budgets and guidelines, as well as consistency between and within levels. Provide supporting data to senior management with recommendations, including external market compensation benchmarks as well as internal metrics
- Prepare and conduct human resources on-boarding for new hires and promotions
- Ensure that all human resources training modules and handbooks are accurate, current and well-presented
- Recommends, implements and maintains the administration of all employee practices and human resource policies for the company
- Reviews and approves all professional development policies and procedures to ensure human resource objectives are met
- Assures company compliance with all existing governmental and labor legal and government reporting requirements including any related to the Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA), the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA), the Department of Labor, worker compensation, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), and so forth
- Provides advice and counsel to the Leadership team
- Assists in the hiring and termination of all employees
- Actively seek to fill open positions through recruitment of new graduates or interested candidates
- Assists with the conduct of investigations when employee complaints or concerns are brought forward
- Provides employment referrals and verifications
- Oversees employee benefit program responsibilities by directing the administration of the health, life, STD/LTD, COBRA and FMLA.
- Administers the company 401(K) and HSA plans and assures timely and accurate compliance reporting
- Initiates and oversees the annual recommendation and selection process of benefit providers aimed at employee satisfaction and retention.
- Develops and provides benefits orientation and other on-going benefits training
- 3+ years of relevant work experience
- Degree with an emphasis on human resources, organizational development or other relevant discipline
- In depth knowledge of human resources and labor related laws and regulations and comprehensive understanding of human resource principles
- Strong leadership skills with experience working with a highly educated workforce
- Excellent problem-solving skills, strong verbal/written communication, presentation and facilitation skills with a demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, and clearly, with employees at all levels within the organization
- Proficient in Microsoft Office systems; Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint