Duties and Responsibilities
- The qualifications of each driver and each attendant must satisfy all local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Each ambulette driver and each attendant must obtain or possess a current card issued as proof of successful completion of the “American Red Cross” (or equivalent certifying organization) basic course in first aid, as well as a CPR certificate. If certification is not present upon hire, this training will be provided.
- Each ambulette driver and each attendant must complete a passenger assistance training course to include at a minimum the basic characteristics of major disabling conditions affecting ambulation, basic considerations for functional factors, management of wheelchairs, assistance and transfer techniques, environmental considerations, and emergency procedures.
- Each ambulette driver and each attendant must have an identification card available to the patient identifying his/her complete name and company affiliation.
- Must be physically able to fulfill the role of wheelchair van driver and attendant, with or without a reasonable accommodation, which includes, but is not limited to lifting and moving patients weighing up to 150 pounds without assistance and up to 300 pounds with the assistance of one other crew member.
- Must perform other duties as assigned or required to allow for the smooth and efficient operation of the LifeCare wheelchair van service.
- Provide care that is observant and responsive to patient needs as they arise.
- Must be 18 years of age or older, have a valid Ohio driver’s license, must have maintained a drivers license for at least the previous two (2) years and must keep a clean driving record.
- Any points against license must be reported and could be cause for dismissal.
- All employees must also meet all requirements imposed by the state and federal governments with respect to individuals involved with medical transportation, as well as requirements of LifeCare’s insurance provider.
- Suggested to have a CDL-C license with passenger endorsement.